At Westlake Academy, PYP exhibition occurs in fifth grade as the final unit of inquiry implemented in the spring semester.
The PYP exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and the student, synthesizing the essential elements of the PYP and sharing them with the whole school community. As a culminating experience, it is an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) learner profile that have been developing throughout their engagement with the PYP.
What is Exhibition?
- A culminating project for the PYP (Fifth Grade)
- A collaborative inquiry that students have a personal interest in exploring
- An inquiry that requires students to apply their learning from previous years
- An experience that uses the five essential elements of the PYP: Knowledge, Concepts, Skills, Attitudes, Action
- A demonstration of how students can take action as a result of their learning
- A celebration of who our students are as learners and leaders
Past Exhibitions Videos:
2017 Exhibition Video
2016 Exhibition Video
2015 Exhibition Video