The Westlake Academy library strives to be the heart of the school and supports the Westlake Academy mission statement to “provide students with an internationally minded education of the highest quality so they are well-balanced and respectful life-long learners” by:
- Providing students and educators access to physical and digital resources that support the IB curriculum across all three Programmes: Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma.
- Fostering a culture of academic and personal reading that values texts representing diverse perspectives and respects students’ freedom to read.
- Supporting student development of communication, research, and thinking skills for engaging with physical and digital resources.
- Collaborating locally and globally to create meaningful learning experiences.
- Maintaining a learning environment where students and educators can collaborate, inquire, and create while exemplifying the IB learner profile traits: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.