Westlake Academy

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Town of Westlake, Westlake Academy IB World School

Message from the WA Health Office

Medications On Campus

Medications (non-prescription and prescription) may be administered at school by a licensed health care professional or by a designated staff member. Parents must provide all medication, prescription and non-prescription, and they must provide the Medicine Authorization Form.

Students are not permitted to carry medicine in their backpacks with the exception of inhalers, epipens and diabetic supplies AND then only with written authorization from a physician licensed to practice medicine in Texas.

In general, medication should be administered at home whenever possible. However, for those medications which must be administered at school, the school must receive the Medicine Authorization Form.  Contact the Health Office with any questions.