At Westlake Academy, PYP exhibition occurs in fifth grade as the final unit of inquiry implemented in the spring semester.
The PYP exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and student, synthesizing the elements of the PYP and sharing them with the learning community. The exhibition is a powerful demonstration of student agency, as learners exercise voice, choice, and ownership by inquiring into local or global issues that are significant to them. This culminating experience in an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the IB learner profile that they have been developing throughout their engagement with the PYP.
What is Exhibition?
- A culminating project for the PYP (Fifth Grade)
- A collaborative inquiry that students have a personal interest in exploring
- An inquiry that requires students to apply their learning from previous years
- An experience that uses the elements of the PYP: Knowledge, Concepts, Skills and Action
- A demonstration of how students can take action as a result of their learning
- A celebration of who our students are as learners and leaders