The Bradley Library
The Westlake Academy library strives to be the heart of the school and supports the Westlake Academy mission statement to “provide students with an internationally-minded education of the highest quality so they are well-balanced and respectful life-long learners” by:
- Providing students and educators access to physical and digital resources that support the IB curriculum across all three Programmes: Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma.
- Fostering a culture of academic and personal reading that values texts representing diverse perspectives and respects students’ freedom to read.
- Supporting student development of communication, research, and thinking skills for engaging with physical and digital resources.
- Collaborating locally and globally to create meaningful learning experiences.
- Maintaining a learning environment where students and educators can collaborate, inquire, and create while exemplifying the IB learner profile traits: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
For more information on library resources by Programme, click on the images below: