Blacksmith Annual Fund
Get Up & Give, Westlake!
Blacksmith Giving Day is on September 22, 2022.
Blacksmith contributions cover daily operational costs like teacher salaries and benefits (we must take care of our teachers), technology upgrades, art materials, science lab supplies…all the important must-have’s to run Westlake Academy. Because the Blacksmith Annual Fund (BAF) is such a critical initiative, it’s worth a closer look at what you may think vs. what really is!
Did you know that an IB education at WA costs $15,000 per student this year? And even with State and Town support, there’s still a per student funding gap of $2,500. That's why we must rely on generous contributions from WA families to bridge this gap.
- What is the Blacksmith Annual Fund and why is it important?
- How much does the Blacksmith Fund need to raise for the 2021-22 school year?
- How does the Blacksmith Annual Fund work?
- How are Blacksmith funds applied?
- How does our status as a municipally-owned charter school affect our budget?
- Why can't we operate the school with the State allotment?
- What happens if we do not meet our goal?
- What is the “fund balance” and why can’t we use that money to balance the budget?
- What are the consequences of low participation in the BAF?
- Can’t proceeds from the Town of Westlake’s property tax fund the school?
- How is the budget monitored and can I see regular reports?
- Why doesn’t the school just require or "make" families contribute?
- I give to other organizations benefiting the school; do I have to give to Blacksmith, too?
- Is my contribution tax-deductible?
- How can I make my Blacksmith contribution?
- Who can I contact with further questions?